CAHSEE is very willing to write its students letters of recommendation
to colleges and universities! In order to write a letter with substance,
we ask that you:
- Have participated in the STEM Institute for 1 year or received
- Have a good record of school and extracurricular activities
If you meet the listed criteria, then we need from you:
- The name(s) and address of each university
- The deadline for each letter
- Whether you will come here and pick it up, or if we should send
- Any special instructions or format for the recommendation
- A brief academic resume (see following example)
- A short (paragraph or two) statement of why you want to attend
a certain university
Please also answer the following questions:
- What year(s) were you in the STEM Institute, and which classes
did you take?
- Did you receive the CAYSA?
- What “grades” did you receive in STEM? Did you receive
- What have you done in your high school career? In what have you
- What do you want to study in college and a career?
Remember, the more we know about you, the better the letter that can
Please contact the CAHSEE office if you have any question. The supporting
documents can be mailed to 8100 Corporate Dr., Suite 401, Landover, MD 20785 or emailed to: